Subcompact digital cameras are a good idea in theory, but they can lead to diminished photo quality. Some people are willing to trade a little bit of quality for the ability to tuck the camera into their shirt pocket and take it with them wherever they go. Small cameras definitely appeal to many customers because of their style and convenience.
With the Canon PowerShot SD2200 IS, quality is no longer compromised by small, slim body. This digital camera packs a lot of punch into a tiny package. And with its loads of features aimed at improving photo quality, this camera is perfect for new photographers who want good pictures with minimum hassle.
The Canon PowerShot SD2200 IS is an 8 megapixel digital camera with a 1.25 inch CCD imager. It comes with a 3x optical zoom lens with image stabilization. Other useful features include onboard red-eye elimination and face detection technology for like-like facial details. If you often take pictures of children and other fast-moving objects, the blur reduction in the Canon PowerShot SD2000 will come in handy. The camera’s face detection technology seeks out human faces and sharpens them, balances the color, and makes them appear true to life. Image stabilization will keep action shots crisp and minimize blurring due to hand or camera shaking.
The Canon PowerShot SD1100 IS also has the following specifications:
• 13 Scene Modes
• Exposure Times as long as 15 seconds
• 2.5″ LCD
• ISO Sensitivity Range from 80 to 1600
• Shutter Speed – 15-1/1500 seconds
• White Balance Control – Auto, Preset (Daylight, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Fluorescent H)
• Custom Built-in Flash
• Auto Red-eye Correction
• Shooting Modes – Auto, Camera M, Portrait, Special Scene (Foliage, Snow, Beach, Sunset, Fireworks, Aquarium, Underwater, Indoor, Kids & Pets) Night Snapshot, Color Accent, Color Swap, Digital Macro, Stitch Assist, and Movie
• Self-Timer – 2-second or 10-second delay
• Custom Dimensions – 3.42 x 2.16 x 0.87 (86.8×54.8×22.0mm)
• Weight – 4.41 ounces (125 grams)
• Colors Available: Metallic blue, pink, gold, silver, and brown
Users consider this camera a resounding success. They do, however, point out that the camera’s color names (which include “Bohemian Brown” and “Pink Melody”) sound a little too much like cosmetic products. But, silly names aside, this camera delivers tons of features that aren’t found in the average affordable point-and-shoot.
The Canon PowerShot SD1100 IS can be found wherever digital cameras are sold. It retails for about $250 US.