The 7.2 mega pixel EXILIM Zoom EX-Z77 joins Casio’s successful EXILIM Zoom series, which balances high functionality with compact yet stylish features. The EX-Z77 also adds enhanced movie functionality and features a new YouTube Capture mode.
The EX-Z77 also features a blur reduction function by using motion analysis technology, an auto-tracking AF system, and face detection technology. The combination of face detection technology and the auto-tracking AF system ensures that once the focus locks on to a person’s face, it will stay sharp and maintain the right exposure, even when the person moves, ensuring great shots every time.
In addition to the YouTube Capture mode, this camera features the eBay® Best Shot Mode, exclusive to the U.S. line of Casio EXILIM digital cameras. The eBay Best Shot Mode optimizes photos for display on eBay, allowing users to quickly and easily create photos for selling items on eBay. Such photos are even stored in a special eBay directory, making the process very easy and user-friendly.
The YouTube Capture mode records in next-generation MPEG-4 H.264 video format, providing an optimal compression ratio that allows users to record longer movie segments without downgrading movie quality. The YouTube Capture mode also provides sharp resolution (640 x 480) and a frame rate of up to 30 frames per second. An exclusive software application is included which provides for an easy and seamless two-step process to upload clips from the camera directly to YouTube. The software also allows users to upload multiple videos at once, making it easier than ever to share original content with your family and friends or the public at large.
Photos and movies are stored in 11.4 megabytes of internal memory and on optional SD/SDHC or MMC/MMC Plus type memory cards. The camera is powered by a rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery with a charge lasting for 190 shots. The camera can be charged with either an AC charger (included) or an optional docking cradle. The camera interfaces with the computer via USB and you can print directly to any PictBridge compatible printer. Still images are ExifPrint and PRINT Image Matching III compatible.
* 7.2-Megapixel effective CCD imager
* 3x optical zoom
* Large 2.6-inch TFT color LCD
* Onboard blur reduction function
* 39 “BEST SHOT” modes set the camera for easy to difficult situations
* Record voice-only audio, or add up to 30-second audio memos to still images, either at the time of capture or afterwards
* MPEG-4 H.264 format Movies
* Movie Resolution: 848 x 480, 640 x 480 and 320 x 240, up to 10 minutes in length
* Autofocus system with selectable AF modes: Multi or Spot AF
* Face Recognition technology for sharp portraits
* ISO sensitivity from 50 to 800
* Built-in flash with Red Eye Reduction and Flash-assist function
* USB data transfer to PC or Mac computers
* Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery and charger (included)
* 11.4 MB of internal memory and SD/SDHC/MMC/MMC Plus card slot
* ExifPrint, PRINT Image Matching III, USB Direct-Print, and PictBridge compatible
* Available colors: black, blue, pink and silver
This camera retails from $160 – $220.
Users find this camera to be easy to use and appreciate the small compact design, but some users express dissatisfaction at the quality of photographs taken, citing poor noise reduction. The proprietary USB cable (included) is also a source of dissatisfaction, and the LCD quality and photo quality sometimes do not match.