Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner – Product Description:
The Epson Perfection V500 Photo offers extraordinary quality and versatility with 6400 dpi resolution and an earth-friendly LED light source for greater productivity — all at an amazing value. Remove dust and scratches from slides, negatives and film. Or, restore faded color photos with one touch. Then, take your photos further with the included Adobe® Photoshop® Elements. When it’s time to archive important documents, you can scan multiple documents fast with the optional automatic document feeder. It’s all at your fingertips with this powerful performer. Best of all, the energy-efficient LED means you can work smarter with faster scans and lower power consumption. Plus, with no warmup time, it’s easier than ever to get started.
|Product Features :
Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner – Review:
WHAT A GREAT SCANNER!
I just purchased this scanner – primarily to scan my 1000+ slides. At first, I was a bit reluctant because this model is brand new to the market and I was concerned about those inital bugs. But I know that Epson makes a good product so I took the chance. And am I glad that I did. It has some outstanding features:
1. Very simple to set-up and then operate. I scanned my first photo within 30 minutes of unwrapping the package. No problems with the software and the on-line User’s Manual is really easy to follow.
2. Very fast scanning. The scan (including preview) of photos is unbelievably fast. But I was really surprised at the speed of scanning slides. A normal scan (without using Digital ICE correction) of 4 slides took less than 5 minutes. Compared to some of the other products, I’ve been reading about this is lightning speed.
3. Very quiet. When scanning photos, you can barely hear it. A little more noise when scanning slides, but certainly not bothersome.
4. Offers 3 modes to choose from – Auto, Home, and Professional. The Auto is the easiest and results in a very good photo. The Home and Professional offer a number of correcting features (more with the Professional mode). I am an intermediate Photoshop user and the Professional mode was as close to using an editing software as I’ve ever seen. The scan time slows down a bit when you use these correcting tools, but again – no big deal). Once I get the hang of it, I’m sure it will speed up the amount of time I will need with Photoshop.
5. Digital ICE is fantastic! This feature is used when only scanning film or slides. I first scanned slides without using it. The waulity was very good, but my slides are almost 30 years old so there was enough noise (mostly dust)and fade in them to be noticeable (something I was resigned to fix in Photoshop). I then scanned them using ICE and was amazed! The noise was completely gone and the colors were remarkably restored. The Photoshop work is going to be a piece of cake.
6. The price is unbelievable for what you get. I’ve seen scanners costing much, much more that aren’t nearly as good as this one.
In summary, Epson has come up with a real winner. I really can’t find anything negative to say. If you’re looking for a quality scanner at a great price, look no further. This is the one!
Category: Hot Deals