GGS Perfect Foldable LCD Viewfinder for Canon, Nikon, Sony and Other DSLR Cameras – Product Description:
The GGS Perfect Foldable LCD Viewfinder for Canon, Nikon, Sony, etc DSLR Cameras is a great addition to your studio. This Viewfinder is especially suitable for DSLR high definition video photography, on-site shooting, and viewing your taken photos.
|Product Features :
GGS Perfect Foldable LCD Viewfinder for Canon, Nikon, Sony and Other DSLR Cameras – Review:
GREAT PRODUCT FOR THE PRICE!
This viewfinder is definitely the best in this price range. It offers options that only more expensive units have:
– 3X magnification which really lets you see a very enlarged image, with the Hoodman Loupe you have to pay an extra $40 for this feature.
– It has a diopter adjustment ring, which for me is a must have and most inexpensive units don’t have.
– It can be attached to the camera, which gives you extra support for video recording, but can be easily removed. The Hoodman Loupe has an option for this but you have to pay an extra $20 and is very awkward, not nearly as practical as this one.
– It has a very good rubber eyeshield, which is very comfortable to use and can be rotated for vertical viewing.
– And the feature that really puts this thing apart from the rest is the foldable option, very useful when you are outdoors especially in sunny situations.
You need to consider a few things. Follow the instructions exactly; be sure that everything is clean before installation, because you will not be able to easily remove the lcd protector/adapter. When installing make sure that the LCD is on, it will serve as reference so that you can place it in the correct position.
When installed on my Nikon D7000, the viewfinder makes it difficult to press the “Multi-Selector” control in the back to go left, cause it will be to close the right edge of the viewfinder. What I did was to configure the main control dial (with custom setting f6 in the menu, last option, set to “on”) so that I could control image review with it.
The quality of the optics is good, and can even be used as a regular loupe for transparencies or negatives.
Just as other reviewers have mentioned, although I haven’t seen any reports of specific problems, the hinge that allows for the foldable feature seems rather week. If it eventually breaks you can still fix it and use it with a little glue and use it without this option.