Liquid Image Wide Angle Scuba Series HD Camera Mask – Product Description:
The XSC Wide Angle Scuba Series is an underwater video camera built into a dive mask for hands-free underwater photography and safer swimming, snorkeling, and scuba diving. The Wide Angle Scuba Series HD is an integrated dive mask/camera that records HD 720P video (1280×720) at 30fps along with 5.0-megapixel still images. The depth rating on this new model is 130 feet, which covers depths reached by certified recreational divers. The mask has a micro SD/SDHC card slot that expands memory up to 32GB to record thousands of still images or approximately 16 hours of video. The camera operates on 4 AAA batteries and estimated Lithium battery performance is 2000 still images or 2hrs of video.
The mask features lever style buttons which are easy to press while wearing diving gloves. To record a photo or a video, simply turn on the camera, choose the mode, then press the shutter button. LED lights inside the mask indicate the mode to the user. The buttons are positioned along the upper right corner of the frame and area easy to access. The goggle lenses are made of tempered glass and have integrated crosshairs that help you to line up shots.
The new wide angle will solve the issue of not completely framing the subject which some first time camera mask users have experienced with the original 54-degree lens. The wider angle POV camera will capture a larger field of view and therefore allow the user to think even less about operating the camera while snorkeling or scuba diving.
Downloading images is as easy as plugging in the mask to your PCs or Macs USB port (RCA/USB cable provided) and pressing the power button. Connect camera to your computer with the USB cable provided. Download the images and video to your computer to email or print. 5.0MP images.TV playback is also possible through the RCA/USB cable. The included optional software (PC only) allows you to edit your content. A microSD/SDHC card slot (card not included) allows you to add memory up to 16GB currently and expected to accommodate up to 32GB (when available) for additional pictures or videos. Requires 4 AAA batteries (included) and is recommended for ages 13 and up.
- Integrated dive mask/waterproof camera that records HD 720P video and 5.0 Megapixel still images
- Lever-style buttons are easy to use with diving gloves
- 136-degree Wide Angle lens captures all the action underwater
- 720p HD Quality Video 1280×720 @ 30 fps with audio
- Micro SD/SDHC card slot for external memory up to 32 GB (card not included)
- Photo & video editing software for PCs included
- Light attachment included; lights and filters sold separately
- Carrying case included
- Depth-certified to 130 feet; covers depths reached by recreational divers
- Extra large mask
- Product Name: Scuba Series HD Wide Angle 720P 5.0MP Camera Mask; XL Size
- Product Type: Digital camcorder/camera/dive mask
- Recording Media: Memory card
- Dimensions: 5.24 by 7.36 by 3.5 inches (H x W x D)
- Color: Black
- Video System: NTSC
- Focal Length: 8.50 mm
- Image Formats: JPEG
- Product Model: 323
- Product Line: Scuba
- Video Formats: MPEG-4
- Aperture Range: f/2.8
- Recording Formats: HD
- Built-in Devices: Microphone
- White Balance Modes: Automatic
- Memory Card Slot: MicroSD card slot
- Focus Modes: Auto
- Exposure Control: Auto
- Platform Support: PC, Mac
- Batteries: 4 AAA required; 4 Energizer lithium AAA batteries included
- Assembly: Fully assembled
|Product Features :
Liquid Image Wide Angle Scuba Series HD Camera Mask – Review:
This is a great item. I have only used the mask once but I am already very happy with it. A must is the purchase of the optional filter. The mask is easy to use and allows the diver to concentrate on his/her surroundings without fighting with a handheld camera. I read other reviews prior to purchasing this item. Two complaints were bubbles and not capturing the image in the frame. I only have a total of 12 certified dives; yet, I was able to position myself with very minimal bubble disturbance. As far as the framing issue, the widescreen camera corrects this flaw. Just practice before diving and you’ll see how easy it is. The only downside is the optional filter decreases the video quality (but adds beautiful colors) of the mask. I have only used the mask once so maybe it was user error. I’ll find out after my next few dives. Call Liquid Image about size of mask. They told me 90% of users need a medium. They will send you a size chart just to make sure.
P.S. Buy the “Liquid Image Blue Water Filter with 16GB Card + Batteries & Charger + Accessory Kit for Scuba Series Mid-Size Underwater High Definition Digital Camera Mask HD” and save money.
Category: Hot Deals