Nikon 14-24mm f/2.8G ED AF-S Nikkor Wide Angle Zoom Lens – Product Description:
- Fast aperture, high-performance, ultra-wide-angle zoom optimized for FX- and DX-format sensors featuring Nikon’s exclusive ED Glass and Nano Crystal Coat
- Fast, ultra wide-angle AF-S zoom lens optimized for edge-to-edge sharpness on both the Nikon FX- (23.9 x 36mm) and DX-format image sensors
- Two Extra-low Dispersion (ED) elements and PGM aspherical lenses control chromatic aberrations while enhancing sharpness and contrast even at the widest aperture settings
- Nikon’s Silent Wave Motor (SWM) enables ultra-high-speed autofocusing with exceptional accuracy and powerful, super-quiet operation
- Focus as close as 10.8 inches at the 24mm setting
- M/A focus mode switch enables quick response to changing situations between auto and manual focus operation
- Enhanced optical formulas engineered to produce exceptional sharpness, contrast and color, rendering outstanding image integrity
- Exclusive Nano Crystal Coat further reduces ghosting and flare for even greater image clarity
- Internal Focus (IF) provides fast and quiet autofocusing without changing the length of the lens, retaining subject-working distance through the focus range
- Rugged construction with professional-grade dust and moisture resistance
|Product Features :
Nikon 14-24mm f/2.8G ED AF-S Nikkor Wide Angle Zoom Lens – Review:
THE ONLY GREAT WIDE LENS IN EXISTENCE!
I got it about month and a half ago. I used Tokina 12-24 before and was not very happy with the edge performance. 14-24 is the only wide lens that lets me get the resolution that I expect from medium range and telephoto zoom lenses. Color and contrast are amazing. Much more even than my 17-55 Nikon. Very good built and handling. Over all, very happy!
That being said you should also remember:
It is not as wide as 10-12 APS-C ones.
Cannot use it with filter; both for safety and visual effect.
Flare appears more often than with 12-24.