Nikon COOLPIX P500 12.1 CMOS Digital Camera with 36x NIKKOR Wide-Angle Optical Zoom Lens and Full HD 1080p Video
Nikon COOLPIX P500 12.1 CMOS Digital Camera with 36x NIKKOR Wide-Angle Optical Zoom Lens and Full HD 1080p Video – Product Description:
The Nikon Coolpix P500 allows you to zoom closer than ever with its 36x optical zoom Nikkor ED glass lens. It also sports a 12.1 MP CMOS image sensor, 3200 max ISO for taking pictures in low light conditions, a 3.0″in. Vari-Angle TFT-LCD screen that sports 921,000 pixels, HD video recording at 1080p quality, and Nikon’s Vibration Reduction Image Stabilization.
|Product Features :
Nikon COOLPIX P500 12.1 CMOS Digital Camera – Review:
NIKON COOLPIX P500. IMPRESSIVE
Overall, the Nikon Coolpix P500 is pretty impressive. Although there are a few flaws, the camera’s features make up for them. Below are the major pros and cons I found after using the camera for a few hours.
- HUGE 36x Optical Zoom (at full zoom I could see buildings 5 miles away as if they were two blocks away)
- Relatively lightweight and compact, much smaller than I expected.(compared to an entry level DSLR)
- Up to 240 FPS video, nice slow motion.
- Manual controls, a must for any experienced camera user.
- Buttons well laid out and simple to find and use.
- Image quality was good but it was pretty much expected, nothing extraordinary for this price range. If you prefer higher quality images over features in this price range, an entry level DSLR such as the D3100 is the way to go.
- If you accidentally leave the lens cap on and turn the camera on, the lens will still try to come out and it will grind the motor. BE CAREFUL! I found this to be the biggest flaw, not having a “lens cap on” sensor or a resistance sensor that would stop the motor if it sensed something in the way.
- No supplied external battery charger. You have to charge the battery while it’s in the camera, via USB cable and supplied AC adapter. And while it’s charging, it won’t let you power it on, so you can’t use it as an AC power source either.
- As with all super high zooms, every tiny vibration is magnified so unless you have a tripod or some kind or support, it’s extremely difficult to get a clear shot at maximum zoom.
Category: Hot Deals