Vivitar 285HV Auto Professional Flash – Product Description:
The built-in variable power of the Vivitar 285HV auto professional flash provides you with fill flash and the ability to shoot properly exposed rapid-sequence pictures. This vertical bounce flash gives your photographs soft, professional lighting. The four f-stops give you control over the flash distance range and the depth of field, while the auto Thyristor circuitry allows for a faster recycling time as well as more flashes per set of batteries.
|Product Features :
Vivitar 285HV Auto Professional Flash – Review:
GREAT FLASH FOR THE MONEY!
Let’s get to the bad stuff first:
1) no swivel
2) printed numbers on calculator dial may wear off or get scratched off (UPDATE: no, they haven’t been scratched off yet by mes, but in the hands of heavy/pro users they might be. Bottom line, for casual use, the printed numbers are durable enough.)
3) plastic foot may break
4) sync cord, battery holder and AC adapter are hard to find in stores
5) of course, no TTL, but we already knew that
OK, the good stuff (really good)
1) very powerful, big grins on subjects after they hear the loud pop and see the light. This is one big gun.
2) meter is surprisingly accurate
3) zoom head and wide angle adapter
4) generous auto range of 4 apertures, variable power settings of 1/2, 1/4 and 1/16
5) if you use flash as main source of light, don’t shoot closeups with flash and have no need for TTL, this is all the flash you need (UPDATE: actually with the proper set up, you can even use this for close-ups)
6) did I say this flash is so affordable?
Category: Hot Deals