Olympus has just revealed a new firmware update for their current Digital PEN offerings; the E-P3, E-PL3, and E-PM1. The update is minor, and doesn’t fix any real issues with the camera. The new firmware (Version 1.2) helps the camera display the focal length of electronic Zoom lenses more accurately, whether in the viewfinder(s) while shooting, in playback, or in the EXIF data.
You have two options for updating your camera’s firmware:
- Simply launch the included Olympus camera software and connect the camera via USB cable to an internet connected computer. Choose the Update function from the Camera menu in the software to apply available updates for camera bodies, lenses and accessories.
- Download the software updater from the following link: http://www.olympusamerica.com/
cpg_section/cpg_downloads_and follow the installer instructions. updater.asp
Either method allows you to choose to display information related to what the specific update will apply, prior to actually performing the firmware update.
For more details, you can also visit the Olympus Support website.
- Steve’s Olympus E-P3 Hands On First Look
- Steve’s Olympus E-PL3 Preview
- Steve’s Olympus E-PM1 Preview